Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Performance Workshop!

I will be teaching a workshop during the month of June for those students interested in delving a little deeper than the class experience. We'll create an entire piece together, and then have an informal showing of our work for friends and family at the end.

The studio and I just settled on the schedule a couple days ago, so I don't have sign-up forms or fliers, but the barest details are these:

Month of June
Tuesdays and Thursdays for one hour after class: 7:30 - 8:30
$120 for 8 sessions
Mixed level (My goal is to customize sections of choreography to your abilities)
Class is not required on those days, but I suggest taking mine, Heide's or other, since a warmup will not be given in rehearsals.

If you plan to take advantage of this workshop, please feel free to let me know what kind of work you would be interested to try. I'm very open to suggestions around movement style, partnering, music quality, etc.

More info to come!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY YAY YAY I am so in! Let me know as soon as the performance date is set so my busy musician can come see me dance (finally).

I am sick this week (again. ugh) so I'll see you next week. Hope the tour performance was fun!

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm so excited! Perhaps something sassy, elastic, and ugly-beautiful. Can't wait to hear more about it!

BTW the partnering stuff on Tuesday was way way fun!

j said...

Shawna, get well soon! I'll let you know more details as soon as I do.

Alberto, Thanks! and I heart ugly-beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I'm feeling much better. :) I don't know if we're planning on one work or two, but it would be neat to have two vastly different pieces to show. Something crazy energetic (and probably shorter) with leaps and then a longer sharp plus smooth piece with floorwork would be cool. I can't pick between the two! Whatever you do will be great fun!

Sydney said...

we cry-the script

j said...

good recommend, syd! that's going in class for sure.

Unknown said...

By the way, the flamenco combo from Tuesday is precisely what I mean by sharp plus smooth (or sharp and flowy). I loved it!

Shayna said...

oh i wish i could commit to this! sounds wonderful....missing your class something awful these days. gonna try to stop in soon...
xoxo

shayna

ps- love the hair!!!

j said...

hey shayna, thanks! i miss you, too - but i'm following the amazing home improvements via the magical web. hope to see you soon!